Bold prints and modern furniture make this masculine teen bedroom feel hip and edgy. Open shelves display graphic books and albums, creating a powerful visual effect while providing functional storage space.
By painting their master bedroom a dark shade of gray-brown from Benjamin Moore called Affinity, the homeowners were able to create a dramatic, neutral backdrop on which to showcase a collection of modern art.
Playful Midcentury Modern Nursery Features Gray Furnishings & Yellow Accents
Not the nursery we grew up with, Pattern Play is a result of the client’s love of graphic patterns and color. This long room lacked architectural features. What seemed like a negative became the perfect playground for the offbeat mix of patterns, texture and color. The main challenge in the space was a balancing act on how to make all these patterns and colors work. In this corner of the room, designer Karen Wolf used mustard yellow as a powerful accent color against the black and white wallpaper and gray furnishings.
Tricks of the Trade:
1. Create a focal point in the room.
2. Pop your accent color at least three times around the room. Note the mustard yellow.
3. Ground your space with neutrals to provide a place for the eye to rest. (Crème shag and gray Jim Thompson textured wallpaper).
4. Use black, white or gray. There is always a place for these classic colors. Ferm Living Half Moon Wallpaper.
5. Change up scale of patterns. Medium sized wallpaper print, large stripes and small bedding prints.
6. Mix up the patterns: Circles, Stripes, Brushstrokes, Chevron, Ditsy, Solid and Abstract.
7. Throw in an unexpected color – Red art.
8. Play with sheen and lustre, high to low.
9. Have fun and let yourself go. Design is a layering process and sometimes you need to delayer, start over and layer again. Mistakes happen and that is OK.
Retro White Bedroom With Chartreuse and Gray Accents
Pops of chartreuse add visual interest and keep this bedroom feeling bright and fun. Black and white photography decorates the walls without interfering with the calm vibe of the design. Two-toned curtains perfectly tie in the bright throw pillows.
Antique Tabriz Rug Grounds Bold Midcentury Modern Master Bedroom
This Midcentury Modern master bedroom boasts bold hues of blues and greens adding color to the space. To ground these vibrant colors, designers added a colorful antique Tabriz rug, incorporating depth and texture into the space.