Photo By: Robert Peterson, Rustic White Photography
Photo By: Jonathan Rachman
Photo By: Jessica Makes Studio
Photo By: Erin Williamson
Photo By: WK Real Estate, a member of Luxury Portfolio International
Photo By: CB2
Photo By: Phoebe Chuason
Photo By: North Fork Design Company
Photo By: Chad Mellon Photography
Mid-century Modern Bedroom in Gray and Light Blue
Go on a journey for your own design style with design elements from Marriott’s Le Meridien guest room. You can decorate creatively with maps and follow the lead of designers with Marriott who used gray, light blue and charcoal for the muted palette.
Playful Midcentury Modern Nursery Features Gray Furnishings & Yellow Accents
Not the nursery we grew up with, Pattern Play is a result of the client’s love of graphic patterns and color. This long room lacked architectural features. What seemed like a negative became the perfect playground for the offbeat mix of patterns, texture and color. The main challenge in the space was a balancing act on how to make all these patterns and colors work. In this corner of the room, designer Karen Wolf used mustard yellow as a powerful accent color against the black and white wallpaper and gray furnishings.
Tricks of the Trade:
1. Create a focal point in the room.
2. Pop your accent color at least three times around the room. Note the mustard yellow.
3. Ground your space with neutrals to provide a place for the eye to rest. (Crème shag and gray Jim Thompson textured wallpaper).
4. Use black, white or gray. There is always a place for these classic colors. Ferm Living Half Moon Wallpaper.
5. Change up scale of patterns. Medium sized wallpaper print, large stripes and small bedding prints.
6. Mix up the patterns: Circles, Stripes, Brushstrokes, Chevron, Ditsy, Solid and Abstract.
7. Throw in an unexpected color – Red art.
8. Play with sheen and lustre, high to low.
9. Have fun and let yourself go. Design is a layering process and sometimes you need to delayer, start over and layer again. Mistakes happen and that is OK.
Designer Tiffany Brooks created a focal point wall behind the bed by using charcoal-colored peel and stick reclaimed American Red Oak wood panels with a charred feel and matte look. The surrounding three walls and the ceiling of the bedroom were painted a very light blue-gray color for contrast.
Cozy Bedroom Wows With Teal Accent Wall & Headboard
Stunning, attractive teal and gold patterned wallpaper acts as the focal point for this creative, comfy bedroom. A bold headboard with shimmering, peacock-like upholstery works in tandem with the retro shapes of midcentury-modern glass lamps. The teal motif is carried throughout the room in plush pillows and a cozy throw.
Midcentury Modern Master Bedroom with New Modern Furniture and Persian Rug
Expansive windows in this space add plenty of warm, natural light, making the space inviting. However, these windows didn't always make the space cozy, so designers added new silk drapes to block morning sun. New wood furniture was added to the space, the clean lines giving this master bedroom a modern feel, which was softened by the addition of new bedding and a Persian rug. The ceiling was painted green to give the space depth, while modern art was added to give personality to this mater bedroom.
Master Bedroom with Mid-Century Furnishings, Shiplap Accent Wall
A shiplap accent wall creates a subtle focal point in this minimalist master bedroom. White walls form a backdrop to an earthy palette brought forth in fabrics and accessories. Case pieces reflect the home's mid-century architecture.