This pink and red nursery is bursting with color, while mix of polka dots and striped adds even more interest. A striped armchair will grow with the child and is a more stylish option to the traditional glider.
By turning the room upside down (stripes on ceiling), designer Karen Wolf created a focal point, leading to the giant window showcasing the star of the room -Dwell Studios “Brushed Dot” fabric with peacock and yellow polka dots.
Not the nursery we grew up with, Pattern Play is a result of the client’s love of graphic patterns and color. This long room lacked architectural features. What seemed like a negative became the perfect playground for the offbeat mix of patterns, texture and color. By turning the room upside down (stripes on ceiling), designer Karen Wolf created a focal point, leading to the giant window showcasing the star of the room -Dwell Studios “Brushed Dot” fabric with peacock and yellow polka dots. The main challenge in the space was a balancing act on how to make all these patterns and colors work.
Tricks of the Trade:
1. Create a focal point in the room.
2. Pop your accent color at least three times around the room. Note the mustard yellow.
3. Ground your space with neutrals to provide a place for the eye to rest. (Crème shag and gray Jim Thompson textured wallpaper).
4. Use black, white or gray. There is always a place for these classic colors. Ferm Living Half Moon Wallpaper.
5. Change up scale of patterns. Medium sized wallpaper print, large stripes and small bedding prints.
6. Mix up the patterns: Circles, Stripes, Brushstrokes, Chevron, Ditsy, Solid and Abstract.
7. Throw in an unexpected color – Red art.
8. Play with sheen and lustre, high to low.
9. Have fun and let yourself go. Design is a layering process and sometimes you need to delayer, start over and layer again. Mistakes happen and that is OK.
Light Pink Nursery With Patterned Ceiling, Striped Floor and Personalized Name Wall Art
Light pink walls are capped with a patterned ceiling bringing a touch of green to the room. A striped floor matches the walls and adds deeper shades of pink. Hot pink letters personalize the wall above a beautiful white crib with pink details. The dresser and toy box match the crib for a fully girly design.
Girl's Pink Nursery With Striped Floor, Patterned Ceiling and Hot Pink Arm Chair With White Floor Pillow Ottoman
A bold ceiling patterned and striped floor grab attention in this powerfully pink nursery. A hot pink chair pulls out the darker pink hues in the floor and matches the name wall art above the crib. A white ottoman is a nice solid detail against the patterned floor and compliments the white furniture. A dainty chandelier lights up the room.
In this nursery, the crib sheets mix and match patterns that pick up the rug's vibrant hues. To temper all the pink, a black-and-white photo and a group of fluttering butterflies are a chic, modern pairing.
Bright Pink Eclectic Girl's Nursery With Floral Wallpaper
A contemporary crib with a dramatic bright pink and white canopy is showcased in this girls nursery featuring a beamed ceiling and light green patterned wallpaper. Multiple shades of pink are used throughout the space, making the nursery quintessentially feminine.
Pink Girl's Nursery With White Crib and Toile Fabric
A white metal crib with pink and white toile bed linens add the perfect touch of femininity to this chic, pretty-in-pink nursery. A trio of white frames with pink patterns and the initial "J" makes the space more personalized.