Modern Nursery with Copper and Blue Sea Wallpaper and White Crib
The flowing copper illustration of fish and other deep sea creatures appealed to designer Keita Turner's clients in Brooklyn, N.Y., for their son’s nursery because of the pattern’s fun, whimsical and modern style. The Underwater World wallpaper is by Pattern People and from Hygge & West.
Resin Animal Heads on Green Wall in Safari-Themed Nursery
A green wall with white resin animal heads is the focal point of this safari-themed nursery, which also features a gray crib with striped bedding as well as a leather occasional chair with nailhead trim.
Black and white arrow-printed wallpaper sets the tone for this eclectic, mature nursery. A turquoise, over-dyed rug brings a playful pop of color to the neutral space. Scandinavian-style furniture is both sleek and gender-neutral.
Playful Midcentury Modern Nursery Features Gray Furnishings & Yellow Accents
Not the nursery we grew up with, Pattern Play is a result of the client’s love of graphic patterns and color. This long room lacked architectural features. What seemed like a negative became the perfect playground for the offbeat mix of patterns, texture and color. The main challenge in the space was a balancing act on how to make all these patterns and colors work. In this corner of the room, designer Karen Wolf used mustard yellow as a powerful accent color against the black and white wallpaper and gray furnishings.
Tricks of the Trade:
1. Create a focal point in the room.
2. Pop your accent color at least three times around the room. Note the mustard yellow.
3. Ground your space with neutrals to provide a place for the eye to rest. (Crème shag and gray Jim Thompson textured wallpaper).
4. Use black, white or gray. There is always a place for these classic colors. Ferm Living Half Moon Wallpaper.
5. Change up scale of patterns. Medium sized wallpaper print, large stripes and small bedding prints.
6. Mix up the patterns: Circles, Stripes, Brushstrokes, Chevron, Ditsy, Solid and Abstract.
7. Throw in an unexpected color – Red art.
8. Play with sheen and lustre, high to low.
9. Have fun and let yourself go. Design is a layering process and sometimes you need to delayer, start over and layer again. Mistakes happen and that is OK.
This posh baby boy's nursery features an all-over gray and neutral palette with splashes of teal, as seen in the curtains and floral design on the rug. Illustrated wallpaper lines the room, while a white armchair and ottoman provide a cozy spot for cuddling with baby.
Stylish Nursery With Cozy Sitting Area and Teal Window Treatments
This baby boy's nursery features a white upholstered armchair and ottoman trimmed in faux fur, providing the perfect spot for cozying up with a little one. Teal window treatments add a pop of color, while a gray floor lamp is positioned next to the chair.
Stylish Nursery With Stuffed Animal Decor and Illustrated Wallpaper
This baby boy's nursery features a white crib with a teal bed skirt. Wall-to-wall illustrated gray and brown wallpaper acts as a backdrop, while a stuffed giraffe and baskets of other animals provide a fun touch.
To create a baby girl's nursery that is feminine without being precious, the designer chose a gray, coral and neutral palette with rustic and vintage elements. The resulting look is clean and simple; family treasures make it special. Coral stripe paint color: Sherwin Williams Coral Island Code SW 6332; Chair rail paint color: Sherwin Williams Worldly Gray Code SW 7043; Window panels :Nate Berkus for Target; Crib: Baby Town; Crib Mobile: Pottery Barn Kids; Grey Glider: Buy Buy Baby